10 Quirks

Sunday, November 2, 2008 by Audrey
Everyone else seems to be doing it, so I might as well.

1. Whenever I get out of a car, I have to recheck my purse for my keys, even if I distinctly remember putting them in the purse. I have this irrational fear of being locked out of my car. I have never locked my keys in the car, yet the fear still lingers.

2. I hate the sound of teeth on silverware. My family knows that they cannot touch their teeth to the fork when they're eating, because I will notice it and shudder.

3. All my books, whether they're stacked or on a bookshelf, have to be lined up. In a stack, the biggest books have to be on the bottom, and all the edges have to be parallel. On a bookshelf, the spines all have to stick out the same amount on the shelf.

4. I love pickles. When I was little I would drink pickle juice plain. It was one of my favorite summertime beverages.

5. I am incapable of carrying on a coherent conversation before 9 am. My sister says it sounds like I have a sea anemone for a tongue. I would say that's pretty accurate, if you include the part where the sea anemone was dipped in glue before it was put into my mouth.

6. I alphabetize my CDs. You can only borrow them if you agree to put them back in the right place when you're finished.

7. I love being in school. I know that's weird.

8. I wanted pierced ears really bad from the time I was 10 until I was 18. Now that I have them, it's been so long since I've worn earrings that the holes are growing in. I guess I didn't want them that badly after all.

9. When I'm depressed I listen to really depressing and/or music to make myself feel better. Some favorites: Rage Against the Machine and the Deftones.

10. I am addicted to TV. There are 6 current shows I can't miss a single episode of (Bones, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, The Mentalist, Lost, and Battlestar Galactica (yes I'm a nerd and I'm only a little ashamed of it :) )), and a few coming up (Don't get cancelled, Dollhouse, please! And don't disappoint me the way Fringe did!) that I can't wait for. I can't stop watching!
Posted in | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Hey! I'm good! How's grad school going for you and everything?
And I alphabetize my movies. It's the only way my life makes sense....

Audrey said...

Oh, movies are definitely alphabetized. If I look at them any other way I just get flustered and can't find what I'm looking for.

And Grad school is great! Two giant papers coming up next, but what else is new?